Re: [OM] Tamron 17mm?

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 17mm?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:24:24 -0800
Yeah, no fang, but a good deal. $540 including shipping out of OZ. I'd call it mint-; you really have to look to seesigns of use. Included 49-72 adapter/hood with 72mm UV filter, sturdy, slightly beat-up generic cap and a nice after market case that holds it with the 'hood' on. Also came with the Original Oly slip on cap which is useless (like the original case, which I didn't get in this deal) except for resale. With the protruding front element, there is no way I would run around with it on a camera without the 'hood'. Even with the 'hood' on, it's quite small and light.

I picked up a Nikon case, with hood included, for their 18/f3.5, thinking I might use it. It's huge! The inner diameter of the hood is larger than the outside diameter of the Oly 49-72 adapter/hood. It's easy to forget what an amazing job Oly did of taking the size and weight out of the OM cameras and lenses without compromising quality.

Moose

Scott Gomez wrote:

Cool! Didja get a good deal?

---