RE: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Philosophy (was) OM4Ti Failure
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:01:44 +1100
> Chris Barker [mailto:imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> No offence taken old chap... I was merely satisfying AndrewF's desire
> for something as meaningless to  compensate for other topics in which
> he and I share a common lack of interest... :>)....

Again, no offence meant, when I quote.....

 "While I'm still confused and uncertain, it's on a much higher plane,
 d'you see, and at least I know I'm bewildered about the really
 fundamental and important facts of the universe." Treatle nodded. "I
 hadn't looked at it like that," he said, "But you're absolutely right.
 He's really pushed back the boundaries of ignorance."
 -- Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

and

 They both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant
 than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things.
 -- Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

I just happen to read Terry Pratchett (well, his books), and these
quotes sprang to mind.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz