Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night sky

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Where I live - was [OM] How to photograph starry night skys?
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:08:09 -0800
> ...It is in the middle of an area of small ranches and reservations and
> the security lights are a real problem. They pretty much take care of
> your night vision....

Rant mode on:

How come when people move out to a rural area the first thing they do is
put up a "security" light? What good does a light out in the sticks do
anyway? What's going to look more suspicious, a couple of guys loading
your TV in a van in a conveniently brightly lit yard or a couple of guys
with flashlights doing the same thing? Besides the fact that in rural
areas security isn't much of a problem. People who wouldn't imagine
throwing their trash in the environment don't think twice about lighting
up the woods with a sodium vapor yard light. Gheez!

Phew! Got that off my chest. Rant mode off:

mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West