Re: [OM] A good tripod?

Subject: Re: [OM] A good tripod?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:17:35 EST
In a message dated 1/21/02 2:53:07 PM Central Standard Time,
pirjol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Isn't it just a thing where you put your camera, so it doesn't shake when
> you take the picture?

You have it figured out.  Now if you can show me a cheap plastic one which
will accomplish this, I'll buy it.  My experiece has been that the cheap
plastic ones just don't get the job done and I've tried a couple of them.
There are tripods, like the Tiltall, which offer the stabilty you would want
and won't bankrupt you.  This is not the one I use most often however it is
one that has served me for over 30 years.  It's about $100 +.  Bill Barber