Re: [OM] mono/tri pod dilema

Subject: Re: [OM] mono/tri pod dilema
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 15:26:20 +1100
G'day Albert,

My monopod is a Manfrotto Model 276B. It's 19, 1/4" (490mm) long and weighs
less than a pound (380 grams to be precise). It has 3 quick-snap fasteners
for the telescoping leg at one end and a nice rubber grip at the other with
a webbing strap for carrying. (The product makes a handy weapon should a
subject get a little agro <g>).

I've only used it the once, at a baseball game, and it was excellent. I
think Manfrotto make a heavier duty model but that would be for big N*kons
and those plastic fantastics with the huge zooms <g>. My one is perfect for
the OM-2 plus 100-200/f5 zoom which would otherwise be very unwieldy.

I can sling it under a LowePro 'Orion' waist bag no problem.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
John.