Re: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)

Subject: Re: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:33:25 EST
There's a lot of case law in the U.S. that basically puts malls in the
category of a 'public place'. They were always 'quasi public' places, or, a
place where the public is invited to enter. Recent rulings have, I believe,
placed them closer to public places. They tried (and lost) to ban political
organizations from canvassing in them, and other public research groups have
won rulings to actually set up tables in the corridors to interact with the
shoppers. As long as you're not breaking any laws (and taking a photo in a
public place is not breaking any laws) or engaging in any activity that puts
others at risk, you can pretty much do what you want in a mall, you don't
have to shop to be able to stay in one all day.

George S.