RE: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)

Subject: RE: [OM] The Mall revisited!! (LONG RAMBLE)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:22:13 -0800 (PST)
I don't have any problems--provided I look like I'm a
professional actually working.  You can even get away with
carrying thousands of dollars worth of photo equipment in the
worst crime areas provided you look like you are working and
have a "don't mess with me, I don't have time for you" stance.

I was in Amsterdam and was "targeted" for a nighttime street
heist when all I had to do was change my stance and grip the
tripod a bit differently.  Another time, I was in Washington DC
when I was about to be mugged when I turned around, walked
toward the guy, looked him directly in the eye and made
conversation.  Totally floored him and messed his timing up.

But then there was the time in Chicago...

AG-Schnozz