Re: [OM] Re: Italian trip

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Italian trip
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:34:53 -0800
Thanks for the great info Bill. Dante's advice appears to be very sound. (for
those wondering what we are talking about here is the link:
http://www.dantestella.com/technical/travel.html )

I am leaning toward Provia F and T-Max for films. I will probably also bring
some K64 just because I love this film. I have used slide films for years and
have always gotten good results. I just bracket when unsure of exposures. I have
usually been dissatisfied with my results with print film, but a lot of this is
because I no longer have a decent lab to do the processing.

I have the airport problems solved. We will be re-assembling our bikes at the
Mondonico frame shop in Concorezzo. I will be sending most of my film ahead to
Mauro at Mondonico. When we leave the film will be left at Mondonico to be sent
back with the next freight consolidation. It will take a little longer to get my
slides back, but at least I will avoid x-ray hassles. I will carry a few rolls
with me in case I want to shoot in the airports, but that will be it.

I am still debating about lenses, but will bring at least one fast lens either
my 35 f2 or my 50 f1.4. I am planning bringing my 24 and/or 18. I will also
bring my 35-70 f2.5~4.5 as it is small and light, great for outdoor stuff. I
will definitely bring the OM-4ti and the XA. I am debating on weather bringing
the OM-1 or the Rollei 35s for the B&W film. I will probably not bring anything
longer that a 135, or maybe my 75-150. I will probably also bring my compact
tripod, but I am not sure how much I will actually use it. I do want to have it
for some sunrise/set and night shots

I have used messenger bags for my cameras for a couple of years. Great stealth
bag.

I have heard the same thing about clothing. Mauro Mondonico has given me some
good advice in regards to clothing for the trip.

Thanks for your info, it has been very helpful. I am definitely getting a better
idea of what I will be dealing with.

Jim Couch