Re: [OM] Shooting indoor sports?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting indoor sports?
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:59:07 +1100 (EST)
Hi pples,

I am unaware of the regulations with regards to photographers and the use of
flashes at Indoor Basketball.

With reference to other sporting associations such as the Australian National
Soccer League (NSL), the use of flashes are banned in accordance with FIFA
regulations, i think......., under Press Photography Laws.

The only time I have been able to use flashes is when play is either finished
for a quarter or the game has finished completely - hence, the players are out
of play.

Flashes directed to the spectators though is fine.

I dont usually go past Fuji 800 Press. Is great, even at 1600! (Some people
like the NG 1600 - but from what Ive found, the emulsion is better in the Press
800 at even ISO 1600)

Hope this helps

Damo