RE: [OM] Back from Palmyra (and Midway)!

Subject: RE: [OM] Back from Palmyra (and Midway)!
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:53:26 +0100
Hi Patrick!

Good to see you back on the list, I had already wondered when you'd be back,
and whether "the sea finally did tell" (guess not). :)

So, you had a good stay, that's great!

> Well, some of you may remember me soliciting advice over and over back in
> August about a trip I was about to take.  I took all of the advice and put
> together a reasonable kit that served me well on my travels.

O.k., o.k., spill it, give us the gory details: what exactly did you bring
in the end? :)

> disappointing, but I did manage to capture a couple images which will
> hopefully make the viewer stop, think, and observe before moving on to the
next.

Well, once you have some of them up and running on a page, by all means let
us know.

> consisted of world-class bonefishing, snorkeling and scuba diving.  I

O.K., I noticed you used the word "bonefishing" several times. Can you tell
me what this is exactly?

> Where are people putting pictures now?

http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope ;)))
Just kidding. I believe some of the "photo album" pages have been mentioned.
Other than that, you can try searching Google (or Deja) for free webspace
providers. Some of the major ones I knew have either dissapeared or are no
longer free.

> lean over the light table :-), but I remember some discussion about colors
> fading after only short periods of projection.

Really?
Hmmm, I've shown my slides quite often now to people (at times leaving a
slide for quite a while in the projector while telling something about it),
and so far I haven't noticed any fading. Is this really a serious issue I
should worry about?

> I shot Fuji Velvia, Provia 100F & 400F and some Kodachrome (not arrived).
Should I wait
> to copy and/or scan my slides b/f I stick then in a projector or can I
project an image
> for a few seconds and not have the slides fade immediately?

Well, unless I'm very mistaken and/or my eye-sight is getting really poor, I
wouldn't worry too much about it. Certainly they should not suffer (too
much) from exposing them for only a few seconds; I, for one, would at least
be very surprised if they did...

> I'll send more details of the trip if there is interest, but I am swamped
at
> work and still busy unpacking.

Take your time, but yes, by all means do tell us more about the trip.

> it's good to be back (...and I see that the volume on the list hasn't
slacked off any :-)

Hehehe, well the list has been through some turmoil, but we seem to be back
in quiet waters again, and yes, the amount of messages did indeed increase a
lot.

> Olaf (no sign of the 28/2 element after 1 1/2+ years)

:))))
I'm glad we decided to not wait for that element then. It's amazing that
they still don't have it, I believe Jaap managed to get some through
Oly-Netherlands, but I'm not positive anymore. Either way: the one you did
manage to get for me works very well, and the 28/2 very often accompanies me
on my trips.

Cheers and welcome back again!
Olafo