[OM] Introduction time

Subject: [OM] Introduction time
From: "Tim Helps" <thelps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:29:46 +1030
Hi list members,
I have just joined your list server and thought I'd drop you all an
introduction.

I have been a long time OM user, owining OM2n, OM20, OM1 and bought an OM4
new in 1984 (I think) which I still have to this day. During this time I
have bought Leica R series, Nikon 801, F90, EOS1s, 100s and around 4 years
ago I went totally autofocus with an EOS50 taking few photos. Well I am back
from the dark side after putting the EOS on consignment I have dusted off my
OM4 and will stay with her for my film camera from now on. I will dabble
with digital a bit also.

OM wise over the years I have had these optics, not all at once but at
various times

16mm - bought new by me
21mm f3.5(four of) - sold, traded, regretted, bought another one
21mm f2.0 - beaut glass
28mm f2 - got it for bargin price
28mm f2.8 - good optic
35mm shift - never needed it but had to have one for awhile
50mm 1.8, 1.4 - liked the 1.8 better than the 1.4
85mm f2 - top glass
100mm f2.8 - good optic
135 f3.5 - my version was brilliant until I dropped it, sob
75-150mm - didn't do so well with this
200mm f4 - didn't see a lot of use
Most of these lenses were hard to come across in Australia, they are nearly
impossible to get here now. In my travels I even saw and passed on an M1 can
you believe it!

I currently only have a 40mm for the OM4. I am on the lookout for a 100mm
either f2.8 or maybe a f2.0. Its funny how no matter all the other camera's
I have tried I always come back to the OM system, why is this? I think it is
because of the small lightweight lenses and bodies that no other system has.

Look forward to seeing your posts. Keep the film rolling.

Tim