Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] two OM items for sale -> browsers
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:05:13 -0800
I actually have beef with most web designer (but since you are on the OM
list, I don't have beef with you)  :-)

But most webpages are WAY TOO FLOWERY.  A webpage IMHO is suppose to provide
information, be easy to read, and context searchability should be given some
priority.  Some pages have just way too much flash, I can't stand flash
personally...  As someone who use to do web pages, I think most people fill
webpages with too much sh*t and not enough content.  A clean, professional
looking webpage is so hard to find, I feel like I'm looking for the Lock
Ness Monster..  There are occassional sightings, and people who swear
they've seen a great webpage...but most are just crap.

As for IE vs Netscape....  Opera is the better browser!  IE is not very
standards compliant, but then again, it's MS, they are their own standard
and they will shove it down your throat whether you like it or not.  The IE
bookmark system is crap.  Mozilla is not a bit better than NS6, but it leaks
memory like the hoover dam, and so I had to get rid of it.

half the pages I see, have a bad .css file, and thus the entire page won't
load and gives errors.  Also, IE is pretty forgiving, and so when you have
invalid HTML code, it will still display it, where as Netscape won't.  So IE
has helped to produce subpar, web programmers, who have total disregard for
whether their code is valid or not, because IE will still display it.  Most
use Frontpage POS and can't write a single line of javascript or write a
webpage without a GUI editor if their life depended on it.  The computer
industry is flooded with morons dependent on GUI editors that don't give you
the tight control that source code programming gives you.  There are "web
programmers" who can't read HTML.  That just disgusts me, that's why I got
out of the web programming business, it's flooded with people who I might be
associated with.

Still there is 5% that are great, and I'm sure those are the 5% that live on
this list..  I mean, they own OM stuff, they must be smart by default,
right??  ;-)

Albert