Re: [OM] Digital camera downfalls (Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital camera downfalls (Long)
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:17:00 EST
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Not fair Dave!!

This is said with a smile (g).  I can only deal with my own little
photographic universe.  I agree that most people are dumb about photography
and many other things.  I am shown muddy, out of focus snapshots all the time
by my fellow workers.  I am always congratulatory about their effort and so
they aren't offended.  But most aren't photographers, they are snapshooters.
I am trying to learn to be a photographer!  I am about results.  I don't care
if the mechanical side is a Cigar Box with a pinhole in it or what!  I just
know that when I look at photos of my family and especially my exquisitely
beautiful grand daughter I know that I digitial is outperforming what I can
get with color negative film and the processing available to me.

I will shoot slides and I will be my harshest critic.  I have much to "learn"
and for  me that is part of the fun.  The evolution of digital is inevitable.
 If the consumer level results in dumbing down, so be it.  None of us on this
list are in that category anyway.  I just want to see a good if not great
result and if you haven't tried one of the better digitals cameras you are
missing the opportunity to see the future.

Dave Dougherty