Re: [OM] re: $250.0 film loader

Subject: Re: [OM] re: $250.0 film loader
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:42:18 -0500
Cc: atk@xxxxxxxxxx
Just try to find one! Alden stopped making them a while ago due to lack of demand. The only alternative now is to buy one used, pay Ebay prices, or pay $800 for a new Linhof, Hassleblad, or similarly over-priced loader.

If you shoot 70mm medium format, you either have a loader, or you're out of business. And $250 isn't much in the world of commercial medium format prices. If I used a film that was only available in 70mm for my livley-hood, I'd pay $250 in a heartbeat. Also, the savings from using 70mm film vs. 120 or 220 is significant.

Was it REALLY $25.00 new?  I'll bet that it was closer to $50 or $75 new.

Skip