Re: [OM] OM-1n meter and ASA problems

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1n meter and ASA problems
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:09:44 +0100
Thanks everyone for helping me solve the puzzle. I have come to the
conclusion that it's the ASA dial that's broke. That's why I was
confused. Set at B, f1.8 and 100ASA with meter OFF, the meter hits
the cealing. It centers when I turn the ASA-knob to 25 *or* 1600.
Turning the meter ON and comparing readings with my CLA'd 4T, shows
that 200 ASA on the 4T equals 40 ASA on the OM-1n.
The ASA-knob is also possible to turn 360° (not good, eh?)

So, next Q: is this a major surgery thing, or something easy to fix?
Over or under the $50 limit?  (There is an Oly-technician here and he
seems to charge standard prices.)

Again thanks, and an OMy 2002 to everyone

Henrik Dahl