[OM] Winder 2 problems....

Subject: [OM] Winder 2 problems....
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <voop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 09:13:42 +0100 (CET)
Hello All hOMe-repair-wizards ;)

I've got a bit of a problem: one of my winders, in cosmetically perfect
shape, seems to be not working. I took it out of a drawer, where it had
been lying (without batteries and camera - the later to my surprise) for
at least 3-4 months, to find that it did not work. Loading fresh batteries
(and a camera), turning on the winder and depressing the
shutter....nothing happened.

Playing around a bit with the "single-off-sequence" ring in different
positions - still nothing happened....hmmm.....

I do not remember if it was lying in the drawer without a camera because I
previously had discovered that it needed service (what a memory I am
developing...), or if it had been working before and - mysteriously -
stopped while being idle. I should mention, that it's been kept dry and
temperated while stored, so it shouldn't be rust.

The question is now, really: what to do. I am tempted to open it up and
see if I can fix it myself - but I am short a repair manual for the winder
2, so this might be a bit of an adventure. Any clues as to what might be
the problem (and how to fix it)?

Another winder of mine (y'all have one per body, no?) is working fine, but
in less-than-perfect cosmetic shape. The most grave problem with thatone
is, that the little plastic "hut" with the shutter release switch is badly
broken. Would it happen such that anyone on the list has one in spare I
could buy - or would I have to contact Olympus for two winder-repairs? ;(

Best of wishes to all of you - and a happy new year.

--thomas