[OM] OM10 Mirror Problems

Subject: [OM] OM10 Mirror Problems
From: "Thomas A. Dunlap" <tdunlap10@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 08:47:36 -0500
Happy New Year to All

I had posted an earlier message regarding this problem.  I have an OM10 that
a cannot get the mirror to return to normal position.  Someone suggested
that I change the batteries. I have changed the batteries and this does not
seem to help. The orignal batteries check OK when the selctor switch is set
to check.

When the mirror is restored to the normal position, lens reinstalled, and
the shutter released, the mirror travels halfway.  This is done with camera
in the Auto Position.

Is there an easy solution, or do I have to have an "expert" fix this? Any
help would be appreciated.