RE: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted

Subject: RE: [OM] Epson Printers - advice wanted
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:08:49 -0800
I saw somewhere on the web, sorry I did not bookmark it, a comparison between Epson printers with photo and effect of dot size, 6 v. 4 color tanks and variable dot size. Even the older printers with 6 color tanks or variable dot size were not significantly outclassed by the newer printers. Since there have been problems with 6 color system fading of the lighter colors, I would vote for a 4 color system with variable dot size and some sort of reliable rating of fade resistance. The Epson at least uses a third party to rate their inks for resistance to fading. Have not heard anything similar to substantiate Canon's claims. This is for photo printers. For business use I would lean toward HP for their type quality. In a very large office where I worked the reliability of the HP printers was legendary even in an overworked situation. The subsequent Lexmarks were awful in that department.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California