[OM] Olympus Photo Contest!

Subject: [OM] Olympus Photo Contest!
From: "Olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 09:37:24 -0800
Hmm.. email, web, etc..  I run my own server (right now) from home off my
dsl.  I will probably be moving back home, selling most everything I own,
and taking a 2-3 month roadtrip.  BUT, while I have my server, unlimited
space, and god-like control...  and as I was looking over some of the photo
contests online, and am just amazed at what some of the entries looked
like..  Soo...  I was going to propose an Olympus photo contest with just
the list..  The only prereq (of course) is it was shot on an Olympus OM
series camera...  that's about it, everything else, not that big of a deal.

I'm talking as informal as it gets...  I was going to throw up a page,
contest rules blah blah blah, and go from there.

I was even going to pony up from my own pocket, the prizes for 1st, 2nd, and
3rd place winners...

The prizes will be trivial tribble, (as my pockets are VERY shallow) unless
someone wants to chip in.  But otherwise:

1st prize will probably be a of Velvia 50.
2nd place will be roll of Superia 200.
3nd place, probably something like Superia 400.

I can probably whip up a quite webpage or even download a voting system, so
when the entries have all come in, we can all vote for our favorite.

If you all haven't figured it out, it's really just an excuse for me to take
a peek at all your best composition works and learn and steal a few of the
good ideas..  and have fun doing it.  So if you are all up for the idea,
I'll whip something up, and we will get started.  I'm thinking only 3
entries allowed per person... and even if your photo's kick everybody else's
ass, you can only win once, so you can't say, win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...
how's all this sound?

Let me know if there is any interest...

Albert