Re: [OM] T8 or T10 ring flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] T8 or T10 ring flash?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:37:44 +0100
: Nevertheless, I like the idea of the indirect lighting, even
: though the T8's output is less than the T10.  If anyone has
: experience with both the T8 and T10, or even just with either, I'd
: welcome any input.

The light from the T8 indeed is more natural and softer. The T8 is more
expensive with a slightly lower GN, but if you have to buy and use the Ring
Cross Filter Pol for the T10 these differences disappear. The advantage of
the T10 is that it much smaller and less vulnerable.

: I've already got most of the Olympus macro gear -- 65-116 auto
: extension tube, bellows, double cable release, slide copier, 7, 14
: and 25mm auto extension tubes, 50/3.5, 80/4 and 135/4.5 macro
: lenses, T Power Control 1, T28 Twin Flash, a pair of 6V Power Pack
: 2s for the modeling lights -- so why should I stop now?

Of course the real fun starts when you buy the Macro Stand VST-1. Soon
you'll find yourself missing items you've never heard of before and that
sound like dangerous diseases, forbidden drugs and sexual perversions: PM-LM
38, PM-EL 38, PM-ELcs, LSD, PM-LSD 2, FLQ 75, PM-EA, PM-SDM. You know you've
got the disease really bad when you start to wonder where you can buy a
PMT-35...

hnz