Re: [OM] T8 or T10 ring flash?

Subject: Re: [OM] T8 or T10 ring flash?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:34:52 -0500
Cc: hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx
Look here for some thoughts and pictures:

1. http://www.webgenuity.com/om.htm

2. http://www.dentontaylor.com/watch.htm

I have them all, and I find that the T8 with the large reflector produces the smoothest shots (as would be expected). You still have to deal with the ring-shapes highlights though.

The subject dictates much of the consideration for which unit to use. If you have shiny surfaces, you have to contend with flash reflection shapes and characteristics. If it's flowers or such, the T-28 puts out the most light.

For items that can't stomach the ring-shaped reflections or that can't handle the harsh light from a T-28, you'll have to build a soft-box or a diffusion tent and use T-32's from outside.

Skip