[OM] Re: XA Praise

Subject: [OM] Re: XA Praise
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:01:47 -0600
> Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:50:45
> Volkhart Baumgaertner wrote:
>...... my XAs beat all of the above-mentioned Styluses hands
>down when it comes to picture quality and control.
>snip
>So yes, if you need flash the Epic is considerably smaller, but to me
>the XA is a vastly superior camera, giving me almost OM-functionality
>and SLR-Zuiko-quality (no wonder - its lens _is_ a Zuiko, as opposed
>to the Epic's).
>

>MtFbwy,
>Volkhart

I agree totally.  I don't like the time lag of autofocus on P&S cameras;
the XA goes off immediately.  And since I don't like on-camera flash, it is
annoying to me too, when the Stylus defaults to flash ON after being
closed.  The XA is one of the greatest designs ever.  I've had three photos
taken with my XA reproduced as double-page spreads in hardcover books.  My
XA loves Kodachrome; I love my XA.

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer
Univ. of Wis.-Milwaukee