Re: [OM] photography at LA auto show

Subject: Re: [OM] photography at LA auto show
From: Acer/Siddiq <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:38:29 -0800
12/23/01 9:04:34 PM, "roger skully" <robinsnes@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Siddiq:
>Hope your holidays went well. See my comment in the Tope about the box on
>the man's left arm.

happy holidays to you and family as well! not sure what tope you're referring
to! doesnt appear to be
TOPE8.

>Get some 800 MAX or equivalent film. You will not need anything else. If you
>can, take a small tabletop tripod...you can steady it against
>anything...e.g. your girlfriend or a pillar, or the floor, or a convenient
>wall...you get the idea.

Fuji Xtra 800 then. I'm not too keen on the tripod idea, since i dont have
those tiny ones, and if i wish to
steady, i can use the railing or whatever w/o lugging another gear item. the
next step up tripod is a very
light samsonite aluminum one, but that's not flexible in terms of deployment.
the big bogen is a no no ;)

I would take some black and white...tri-x will do
>fine or t-max 400 and push it one stop, or convert the MAX to monochrome in
>your scanner. You will find that the flash is probably unnecessary. These
>shows are usually pretty well lit.Load one body with color, the other with
>B&W.

good idea, will get B/W+ in one body, Xtra 800 in the other. i would love to
use Tri X but then experience
shows both fuji and kodak will muck up the prints, and still charge me thru the
nose for that. a filmscanner is
being saved for! If i can get 1/30 and f/5.6 on 400 speed film, then that's
good enough lighting for me.

>The most useful lenses will probably be 20 - 28mm focal lengths. The 24 2.8
>would do very nicely. Get in close to the cars and try not to shoot from
>long distances. I would think that the longest lens that would be reasonable
>would be the 50mm.

the widest i have is 28/3.5, so i'll take that and the 50 (not sure if 1.4 1.8
or 3.5macro)

/A/S
--
dum spiro, spero