[OM] Re: Lens Caps, digression into 50mm lens rant

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens Caps, digression into 50mm lens rant
From: Larry Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 19:53:56 -0500
My favorite lens caps for 49mm diameter lenses are Spotmatic-era
Pentax metal push-on caps - nominally 51mm.  They are easy to slip on
or off, and if they fall off accidently, you hear them fall (if you
aren't on a carpet.)  Also lenses with a filter on and one of these
caps fits into its case without excessive strain on the hinge.

Slip-on caps also work on my beater 50mm 1.4 Zuiko* whose filter ring
is too damaged to take a clip-on cap.

Did Olympus ever make metal slip-on caps in the FTL era?

* It seems to be mandatory lately on this list to mention the serial
number of one's 50mm 1.4 Zuiko. Mine is an MC, 1076xxx.  Is this new
enough to be deemed good, or am I doomed because it's below 1100xxx?

Y'know, I have been perfectly happy with my silvernose 50mm 1.8 since
I got it in 1975, but all this talk about the "Made in Japan" version
lately is starting to give me an inferiority complex!