Re: [OM] how much is 35mm f/2?

Subject: Re: [OM] how much is 35mm f/2?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:51:56 +0000
At 17:06 12/20/01, Adi asked:

Hi,

how much is the Zuiko 35mm f/2 in general?
Anyone use this lens regularly as a standard lens? I do with my Leica and
used to with a Nikon.

Thanks

--Adi

New price for a 35/2 is $380 (USD) from B&H in NYC. You can take percentages of that based on age and condition to use as a benchmark or ballpark figure for used value. I use a 50/1.2 as a "standard" although I have used the 35/2 in a similar manner for brief periods when working in cramped quarters. IMO the 35/2 is an excellent lens.

The 35mm focal length tends to be a forgotten one tucked between the 50mm and 24mm or 28mm lenses. It's more forgiving with perspective than the wider lenses which require greater care with composition. Very likely one of the reasons this focal length was popular among photojournalists.

-- John