Re: [OM] New Olys

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olys
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 06:11:37 EST
Isn't this also a huge gamble for Olympus? Who's to say anyone else will
adopt Olympus' new lens mount? With all the $$$ it takes to be a player in
the digital market, why should anyone else market something that'll serve to
put $$ into Olympus' pockets by supporting Olympus' digital body? Olympus has
great products, a terrific reputation in their digital cameras now, with
about a 13% market share, and sales of $1 Billion (USD), BUT, that said,
they're still LOSING $92 Million on that $1Billion in sales. Look at APS,
there was 5 or 6 manufacturers getting together to produce and market
something new, and It still hasn't 'made it' in my opinion. They've gotta be
losing 'tons' of $$$ on that scheme.

George S.