Re: [OM] New Olys (digital interchangeable lens SLR)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olys (digital interchangeable lens SLR)
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:12:44 EST
Let's face facts, people. Olympus has for years virtually ignored their film
SLR line, so this should not be a surprise. (Don't bother to tell me about
the "OM" 2000, puhleeeze!)

Olympus has (right now at least) a very good reputaion with their digital P&S
line.
I see this as an attempt to parlay that good reputaion and brand recognition
into something even bigger. I predict Olympus will market this to their
existing digi P&S customers- something along the line of... "When you're
ready to take the next step in your photographic pursuits."  (Get it?)  " The
future of the SLR..."
Face it, if film ain't dead yet, it certainly has a bleak future.

George S.