Re: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:00:51 -0800
Tokina also has a 7 element 2X convertor that is highly rated by many as
well. I picked one up off of eBay not to long ago, but not yet used it
so I can't comment as to it's optical quality. Keep in mind when
comparing convertors, the lens it is attached to has a big influence on
the overall resolution ahd sharpness. If you are going to do any kind of
fair comparison you will need to use both convertors on the same lens.

I don't know if Gary Reese has done any testing on any of these besides
the Zuiko. It would be ideal to have one person get all the convertors
together and run tests using a singe lens or set of lenses with the same
film and targets to get a fair comparison. I am certainly willing to
loan the tokina out to anyone who would have the time and inclination to
do such a test.

Jim Couch