Re: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang

Subject: Re: [OM] [OM Saturday's Fang
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:09:21 +0100
: A 135/4.5 macro, a 38/3.5 macro with flange and a PM-EL 38 Mirror housing
together with a
: Panagor Auto Macro Converter. All in nice but user state, a little dusty
perhaps.

Wow! Congrats on this super deal. I can't believe it actually included the
mirror house. They were hfl.650 when new! Discontinued too, I believe.

: About the Panagor Auto Macro Converter: I'm puzzled. Does anyone on the
list have one? I have
: just attached it to a 50mm lens. It does 1:1 macro! Very nice as an
alternative to Auto
: Extension rings, but how does it perform compared to the rings? The scale
says 1:10...1:1.
: I have no documentation on this thing. Below the scale with the
enlargement factors there
: is another scale with blue writing that goes from 2.5 to 2.75. What does
it mean?

The blue scale with 'stop' in front indicates the number of f stops you
loose. Probably only interesting if you use a flash in manual mode. The
Panagor does its trick by using an optical element inside too double the
focal distance and adding an extension tube as well; so it converts a 50mm
normal lens into a 100mm macro. Performance is ok but of course no flat
field macro. Mine has a problem with a stiff aperture level.

hnz