Re: [OM] Oily aperture blades - just how much is bad?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oily aperture blades - just how much is bad?
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:27:18 -0800 (PST)
Send it off to be cleaned asap. That oil will start to
evaporate and deposit itself on the glass, its pretty
inert from what I hear, but can be a real b*tch to
clean if left on for too long. If its a cheap lens
however, such as a 50/1.8 you might want to do it
yourself or just send it with another repair as a
parts lens to bring down the price of something.

Mark Lloyd