Re: [OM] OM shift

Subject: Re: [OM] OM shift
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:37:14 -0800
I can think of no way of breaking this to you gently Brian, but there are truly evil people afoot in this world who do indeed monkey with the very best of our beloved zuikos.

I know of a 180mm f2 that was adapted (butchered) to a Leica mount. Converting it back would require a new rear section of the lens body, which I believe may be unavailable.

Then there is the 250mm f2 adapted to a Canon mount.

There is this 24mm f2.8 shift, which probably has been modified and I have heard of several other 24mm shift being adapted to suit evil purposes.

Why the blazes these evil doers don't just stick a cheap OM body on the end of these lenses beats me. It would surely cost far less than the original modification, not to mention preserve the re-sale value.

Giles

It truly is amazing, but there is a long tradition of adapting cheaper, better lenses to Leica. They just hate it that there is a superior lens that does not fit their cameras. And as for cost, for some camera owners it is about conspicuous consumption. There are also all those Canon TS lenses converted to Nikon mounts.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California