RE: [OM] The people who killed Kodachrome

Subject: RE: [OM] The people who killed Kodachrome
From: "Donald MacDonald" <Donald.MacDonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:04:43 -0000
Well, this talk of drying spots and magenta shifts horrifies me, because
I've never had these problems with Kodachrome. I've had scratches and drying
marks with E6, and have scarcely used the same lab twice because of them. As
to cardboard mounts, the last ones I saw were 20 years ago. Been plastic
ever since, in varying thicknesses. Current ones are very thin (and crap,
BTW).

What does worry me more is the move to Switzerland, and the fact that there
is no UK processing any more. This is especially worrying in the light of
extra X-raying post-11/09. Anyone in the UK sent in any Kodachrome since
then?

Donald.

Donald Neil MacDonald BA DipLIS
www.bigmac1st.freeserve.co.uk