RE: [OM] Kodachrome - new thread

Subject: RE: [OM] Kodachrome - new thread
From: gannet@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 23:17:00 -0500
> I guess, after  New Zealand's political history over the last 20
> years, I'm
> sensitive to perceptions of conspiracy. BUT; be that as it may, recently,
> several times after an OM  group member sent us a post from the
> Kodachrome group, I tried to join the Kodachrome group. Nix, Nudda. No
> reply. Not after several requests to join. I wonder if Kodak have
> placed an
> embargo on discussion about Kodachrome from within NZ?
>
> I still want to join that group.

If you find out how, let me know.  I used to be a member, then let it lapse
when I changed email addresses.  I've recently tried to rejoin, several
times.  Complete silence, even after days and weeks.  I wish the group owner
would just set it on auto-add.  I can't believe there's all that many people
who want to spam a Kodachrome list, and failing to respond to repeated
requests to be added is, well, rude, in my opinion.  Heck, I thought the
thing was dead until I saw this post.

As to Kodachrome, I've about given up.  First it was Ektar/Royal Gold 25.
Then it was Kodachrome 25 (they keep 200 and drop 25?  WHY? I have a hard
time believing they sell much 200).  Now it's Royal Gold 100.  In each case
we are told to use some other Kodak film that is NOT a reasonable
replacement.  I've had it.  I don't give the remaining Kodachrome emulsions
more than about another 12-18 months, tops.  And that's a cryin shame.

I'm running tests now and expect to pick new films, and my preference is
going to lean towards Fuji.  They just seem much more committed to the
serious amateur/pro film market.  Maybe I'm just seeing the "grass is
greener" effect. :)  At least both Agfa and Konica seem to be getting
stronger.  Good, we need the competition.  Kodak is fading (or rather,
turning their backs on us), and having only Fuji makes me nervous.

Kodak "Bright Sun" film?  What's this, Film For Dummies?  Faugh.

Sorry for the rant.

Dave
St. Petersburg, Florida USA
gannet@xxxxxxxx