Re: [OM] Flash techniques for total beginners? (Thanks!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash techniques for total beginners? (Thanks!)
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:47:53 -0800 (PST)
Thank you all for all your suggestions. In the future
I will try out a roll of film on my mom with all the
different techniques provided and see which one works
best. She has very fair skin and it is really tough to
get her skin to look good on print. I will also go
back and ask the operator of the machine to lower the
density of some of the flash pictures a bit and see if
that makes a difference. For some reason I just have
great luck in dealing with Ritz Camera. They are
friendly, courteous and very willing to print several
copies of a photo to get it right. Direct auto flash
clearly does not work on my family.

One thing, do you think that a slide film might be
able to capture skintones better? Next time I am at
the store I'm going to pick up a roll of either
Kodachrome or Elitechrome and try it out.

Mark Lloyd