[OM] OM 4T

Subject: [OM] OM 4T
From: "Dinkar Jhalera" <djhalera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:19:10 -0000
Many thanks to all the list members who sent their best wishes for my
recovery after my heart attack last July, both on and off list. I did sent
this earlier but it looks my messages to the list never reached.

Any way had a look at the OM4t that I was going to look at the local photo
shop. It was a champagne version fairly used but no dents. It seem to check
out OK except the hot shoe was loose and when I tried it with an F280 and
T20 flash I could not see the LED light up in the viewfinder. I pointed this
out to the shop but they said in that case they can only sell it without any
guarantee at $260 (initially they were going to sell it at $315 with a
year's guarantee!  I went to the shop again today and they have said they
will keep the camera for me until this Wednesday and then they will send it
to their head office who will probably scrap it. They won't take anything
less then $260 or have it repaired. I do not know what to do. I could have
it CLAed at an Olympus repair centre here in UK for about $150 but if it
needs a new circuit may make it uneconomical. It could be a case puting the
wire back under the hot shoe but you may never know. Any list members got an
suggestions.

Dinkar