Re: [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant]

Subject: Re: [OM] Gold 100? [OT Rant]
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:27:22 -0500
<snip> I know we've discussed this before, so I'll get to my point of the
posting- I was just at my local portrait studio which the owner also has a
1-Hr lab in the same store- and he told me something that surprised me. He
says his portrait business is holding its own, while the 1-Hr lab's business
is down 40%! He's thinking of closing it. <snip>

Hi George,

I heard a rumour on the weekend that Black's, a major photography chain here
in Canada, is close to filing for bankruptcy protection. I'm wondering to
what extent these losses are due to consumers migrating to digital.
According to InfoTrends Research Group, it has been estimated that 13.9
billion digital images were captured in 2000 by consumers in the US alone.
That's a large chunk of lost market.

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada