Re: [OM] photography books

Subject: Re: [OM] photography books
From: Dean <dean-yoshizumi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:14:09 -0600
John,
You might try:

The A-Z of Creative Photography, by Lee Frost, and another of his books, The question-and-answer guide to photo techniques.

I think the second one is out of print. Both, provide a general introduction to the theory aspect, but also introduces typical situations that you'll probably encounter and a means of photographing them. I found the 2nd book a useful introduction to "thinking" correctly about photo situations and how to handle them. I've looked at the 1st book and it seemed, more or less, to be a revised edition of the 2nd book.

-dean

I am looking for a good general introduction to photography including the
theory behind photography and the basics of taking a variety of different
types of photographs.  The book need not be OM specific, but applicable
to OM cameras (I would assume that any good photography book would be
applicable)