Re: [OM] 4Ti & 90 Macro (woes)

Subject: Re: [OM] 4Ti & 90 Macro (woes)
From: "Bob Whitmire" <rlw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:46:41 -0500
Took the 4Ti and 90 f/2 macro to a friend's shop today. She has an OM-1.
Mounted the 90 and the lens performed flawlessly. No hangs at all. Put it
back on the 4Ti and started getting hangs. Dismounted lens and tried
suggestion of working DOF lever a few times before mounting lens. Seemed to
make a difference. Many fewer hangs.

Because the body has hung a few times on non-90 lenses as well, I reckon
I'll send it back for a warranty check. Because the 90 performed without a
hitch on the OM-1, I'm guessing any problems lie with the 4Ti body, eh?
Maybe a little swish and flick a la Harry Potter will loosen things up a
bit.

Thanx for all the help!

--Bob W