Re: [OM] 4Ti & 90 Macro (woes)

Subject: Re: [OM] 4Ti & 90 Macro (woes)
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:21:36 +0000

I have heard of this happening once before with this combo. I suspect the aperture stop down mechanism in the lens may be a bit stiff, or perhaps the aperture activation mechanism in the camera is binding a bit so that when added to the stiffer than normal mechanism in the 90/2 you get the described problem.

In the other instance of this happening I am aware of, both the lens and body seemed to work fine with different bodies or lenses, it was just when the two got together...

I have not experienced this problem with my 4Ti, with any lens, so I would have to say get the body checked.

Giles

5 have he
This suggests to me the problem
may actually be in the lens rather than the camera, because since getting
the 90 macro, it's all I've shot with. The camera has hung a few times with
other lenses as well, but nothing like with the 90.

Thanks,

--Bob W