RE: [OM] Fungus: Are small specks lethal?

Subject: RE: [OM] Fungus: Are small specks lethal?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:57:28 +0100
Hi,

This issue has got me a little bit worried too, as my 300/4.5 still has the
two fungus specks inside. I _think_ so far they haven't grown any since I
bought the lens (well over two years ago now), but I was wondering if I
perhaps should expose the lens to UV light for killing the fungus.

Before doing so, however, what should the dose of UV be?

Note: as the fungus is well inside the lens (possibly even between the
cemented 3rd and 4th element), it seems to be "out of reach" for being
cleaned (economically enough), so, as I can't see any image degradation
because of the fungus, I've decided to leave it where it is, but still I'd
like to at least kill it (if it's not already dead), to prevent it from
spreading further.

Cheers!
Olafo