Re: [OM] Fungus: Are small specks lethal?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fungus: Are small specks lethal?
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:16:27 -0500
When I saw some on one of my lenses, I quarantined it right away and sent it
off to be cleaned (Thanks John H.!). I did not want to take any chances of
it "infecting" any of my other lenses.

How does it spread in the first place, spores? And what is so attractive
about lenses anyway? Does the fungus derive some nutrients from the
coatings?

Mike V. <><