RE: [OM] Some interesting images to share

Subject: RE: [OM] Some interesting images to share
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:21:32 +0100
Hi,

> In looking at the pictures of the 24/2 vs. the 24/2.8, it appears that the
> 24/2.8 faces the sun more directly.

Actually, the contrary is the case. The sun was in the upper left corner,
and if you check the tree on the right, you can see that the 24/2 picture
was aimed more directly at the sun.

> Do you think this might be the reason for the more pronounced flare? Or,
would the
> example look similar in either case?

Well, that's a thing which I'm not 100ertain about, perhaps the increased
angle causes more flare. Still I would guess the 24/2 performs much better
at this test than the 24/2.8 (SC), this is also consistent with what I saw
when looking through the viewfinder when composing this shot.

Cheers!
Olafo