RE: [OM] Olympus shift lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Olympus shift lens
From: "gries" <gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:19:50 -0600
I like what I hear, but will a regular lens have all the image coverage
necessary?  Also, using a wide and PS6 removes the image once more from
it's original state, and it is always best to get it right the first
time.  I agree that it is good for the occasional user, but nothing
compares to a nice 24 shift shot....

<snip>

That's it - cheapest shift lens is a regular wide - and the
'perspective'
command in Photoshop 6. And think of all the other things that you can
use
the regular lens and PS6 for. For the occasional user, what else?
For the cost of the 24mm shift you could probably buy a good wide lens,
PS
AND a decent scanner.
For those determined to use a shift, one option hasn't been mentioned -
fitting a medium format lens to a 35mm body with a Zoerk shift adaptor.
http://www.zoerk.com/pages/products.htm