Re: [OM] An off-the-wall idea

Subject: Re: [OM] An off-the-wall idea
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:43:43 -0800
Paul,

I have a client who owns a machine shop.  They make all kind of short
production runs of custom milled parts items that go into dentist
chairs, etc.).

I was going to approach the owner, and see if he could replicate the
motor drive cover for the OM-1 and OM-2.  I expect that he would have to
make at least 100 of the darn things, to cover the cost of setting up
the CNC milling machine.

I wouldn't mind doing this on a "break-even" basis, but I don't want to
lose money on the deal.

Question: is there a market for this item, and how much would someone
pay for a replacement MD cover?  I was thinking $10 USD.

Perhaps people could contact me off-list, and indicate if they would be
willing to purchase MD covers made from a custom run.

Bill Stanke