Re: [OM] Steadying on the tripod or Cable Release?

Subject: Re: [OM] Steadying on the tripod or Cable Release?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:33:28 +0800
At lower speed your hand will introduce movement. The concept is your
tripod provide you low shutter speed stability but it is not so
effective in absorb the higher frequency vibration introduced by the
camera's mechanical movement, your body absorb that higher frequency
vibration but it could introduce movement at slow speed. Seems you
can't catch it, anyway just try it yourself, I have tried that with my
85-250 few months ago with the Gitzo 1228MK2. The conclusion is using
self timer for speed below 1/30s, with other speeds hold the camera
tight and use your finger to trigger the shutter.

C.H.Ling