RE: Was: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses (READ!)Isnow:Sync s

Subject: RE: Was: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses (READ!)Isnow:Sync speed vs. fastest speed
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 20:42:08 +1100
CH wrote:

> If we dig in deep may be we will found the leaf shutters may have
> problem in high shutter speed, during the leaves opening and closing
> the DOF of the image will change and you may get fuzzy edges even for
> still subjects... just guess.

The DOF change effect depends on the time the shutter is moving relative to
the total exposure time, so at 1/500 sec a large proportion of the exposure
time will be when the shutter blades are opening/closing.  Anyway the
opening starts out small then gets bigger up to the aperature set then
smaller again, so you potentially get greater DOF for a portion of the
exposure.

As an aside, Clint sent me some details about the XA-2 and it seems from
reading that the XA-2 does not have a separate diaphragm, the shutter blades
just open up to the size determined by the amount of light and the program
selected by the camera.

...Wayne