Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera that takes OM lenses
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:01:03 -0800
In a message dated 11/20/2001 C.H.Ling writes:

<< If it design like the Fuji S1, you can use any manual lens, just use
manual
mode without meter reading. >>

When inquiring about rentals at the semi-local professional camera store
I inquired about that. I actually wanted to rent their E-10, but when I
found it was reserved I was considering the S1, D1, and D30 to rent
instead. They told me that all three of those bodies will flat out not
function with my Tamron 80-200/2.8 because the electronics need to
interface to the lens, even in manual mode.

It's a moot thing now for me anyway, last Sunday I was fortunate enough
to be fondling an E-10 while my wife was next door in the art supply
store. I really only went in to see if this local dealer had a rental.
Thanks to my wonderful wife's blessing, I am now the proud (but very
confused and still struggling to learn) owner of an E-10.

Speaking of digital cameras...I can get a P-400 dye-sub printer from B&H
for a bit over $700.00 and if I do so before the end of the year get a
$300.00 rebate. I'm planning to get more serious about doing event (car
club driver's school) photography and offering prints on location.
Trying to decide between the Olympus and Epson printers now. (And,
hoping for a windfall to get an elusive iBook to go along with.)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com