Re: [OM] Zuiko 50 1.4 FTL on eBay

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 50 1.4 FTL on eBay
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:04:28 -0700
On 19 Nov 2001, at 10:25, Henrik Dahl wrote:

> Chris
> How is the FTL userwise? And compared to OM?

I haven't used the FTL much...  just shot one roll to make sure it was
working...  but it's an interesting camera.  It looks and feels more like a
Pentax K1000 than an Olympus.  The shutter speed is up top next to
the release (yuck!), an they sure skimped on the meter switch (just a
metal tab).  Screwing on a lens feels strange to me (but probably just
because I'm not used to that), but the camera does perform nicely and
the results were acceptable.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot...  whoever chose the paint for the lettering
should've been fired!  Apparently the lettering is prone to flaking off.  My
FTL sample is actually one of those rare OLY-P-S F-L bodies.  :-)

In short, I bought the FTL more as an oddity to add to the collection
than for general use.  I'll probably use it once in awhile, just for
nostalgia's sake and to keep it exercised, but much prefer the OM line.

Hope that's helpful...

Regards,

Chris