Re: [OM] How Quiet is the OM-4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] How Quiet is the OM-4T?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:44:02 -0700
The mirror foam on my OM-4 is just fine, Hans.  Maybe what I'm
describing isn't "loudness" per se?  To me, the OM-4 has a nice, solid
"clacking" sound to it, while the OM-1N has a softer "clicking" sound.
So, maybe it isn't a matter of "volume" as much as it's a matter of tone?
 But, again, to me the OM-4 sounds "louder" than the OM-1N.  And,
Cori's P*nt*x LX sounds like a barn door slamming compared to my
beloved OM gear.

Regards,

Chris

On 18 Nov 2001, at 21:20, Hans van Veluwen wrote:

> : No comparison.  The OM-4 (I don't own the 4-T, but my guess is that it's
> : the same) is quite a bit "louder" than the OM 1-N I own.  But, "loud" is
> a : relative term, as my OM-4 is quiet compared to Cori's P*nt*x LX.
>
> That's strange - I can't hear any difference between my OM-1 (set at
> 1/1000) and my OM-4Ti. Is the mirror foam of your 4 still ok, Chris?
>
> hnz

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca