Re: [OM] How Quiet is the OM-4T?

Subject: Re: [OM] How Quiet is the OM-4T?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:02:38 -0800
No comparison.  The OM-4 (I don't own the 4-T, but my guess is that it's
the same) is quite a bit "louder" than the OM 1-N I own.  But, "loud" is a
relative term, as my OM-4 is quiet compared to Cori's P*nt*x LX.

Chris

On 18 Nov 2001, at 13:27, robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

 Is the OM-4T as quiet as an OM-1?  I'm thinking of getting an OM-4T, but
 I've never handled one, and I am worried that the shutter isn't as quiet
 because they have revved it up to give 1/2000.   Anyone with both the OM-1
 > (or the Om-2) and the OM-4T have an opinion about their relative quietness?

I concur. When I had a Leica M3, a friend bought an OM1. I was stunned that there was an SLR no bigger than my M3 with clip on meter and almost as quiet. My used OM1N is quieter than my OM4T which quiet by other SLR standards. The 4 also has some of that SLR mirror flip flop feel about it that the 1N does not. The OM1N wind lever is also smoother and has more of a precision feel about it. On the other hand I use the OM4T all the time because of its wonderful metering system. Would an OM3Ti have the best of both worlds?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California